How I do love Thee...
Published: Saturday 12th Nov 2016
Written by: Anne Howard
‘Let me count the ways’, well one way is to parcel up a romantic weekend away in a gorgeous country cottage. The recipe is perfectly simple.
- Take one hand picked country cottage
- Add a cosy wood burner and some select fragranced candles for the hearth
- Order a selection of fine wines to greet you on arrival
- Check the hot tub in the garden is at the perfect optimum temperature
- Research some atmospheric walks, a touch of spice of late autumn and winter as the trees are changing their colours
- To complement the spice, add a pinch of urban so some time spent in an historic local town with choice shopping and perhaps a well-chosen gallery
- And as a final garnish, book a chef to come in and cook for you, a tempting meal of locally sourced produce which incorporate all of your sweethearts’ favourites
As any chef will tell you, the key to the perfect dish is all in the preparation, taking time to carefully source the ingredients and mixing them together with care and love. Serve your creation with a flourish, a handwritten invitation hidden in a bouquet of hand tied flowers...