Working with us
Our business is a people business, and we’re in the business of providing our guests with the ultimate holiday experience. Family owned and run, we foster universally high standards and take when dealing with our employees.
We are always on the lookout for talented and hardworking individuals to join our team. People who have the qualities needed for exceptional customer care, a willingness to contribute whatever it takes, and a genuine love of UK holidays. If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
We believe that every staff member deserves to have an effective workplace where he or she feels valued, is treated fairly, and is given the means to thrive, succeed and be happy. As an Investors In People award-winner, we believe in playing to people’s strengths and take delight in seeing our employees develop and grow within the business.
We are proud of our reputation for flexibility and fairness as an employer, providing a professional, innovative and fun place to work. If you’re interested in joining our team, take a look at the current opportunities listed below.
Operations Analyst - Original Cottages
A key position supporting operational performance and development. Ensuring that we keep our finger on the pulse as the , the jobholder will be responsible for the production of a suite of reports, analysis and insights that will drive operations from both near-term and strategic perspectives. Acutely attuned to operational activities, the OPA will have a clear sense of customer demand drivers and will play a pivotal role in measuring performance, identifying dependencies, and shaping future direction.
More information can be found here in the job description.
To apply, please send a CV together with a covering letter to Oliver Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Monday 11th March 2019.
Payroll Clerk - Original Cottages
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly growing business. This new role is a result of the continued growth of the business and will become part of an expanding finance team. This is an entry-level position to support and provide resilience to the Payroll team as well as the wider finance department.
This would suit someone with a positive attitude and a can-do approach who is willing to learn and looking to develop themselves or alternatively someone who has already started that journey, full training will be provided.
For more information and how to click here. The closing date is 12th March 2019, but don’t delay as we encourage early applications.
Operations Support Specialist - Original Cottages
Working as part of a team with responsibility for supporting operational performance and development within the TOCC Group. Overseeing a range of best practice projects, supporting new acquisitions joining the TOCC family, the jobholder will also be involved in a range of support duties to maintain the smooth running of operational systems and processes to customer and staff success. Acutely attuned to all key business and customer activities, the Operations Support Specialist will play a key role in supporting effective change within the
More information can be found here in the job description.
To apply, please send a CV together with a covering letter to Sheree Webster at email@example.com. The closing date is 21st March 2019.
Services Coordinator - Devon Cottage Care offices in Barnstaple
Purpose: The Services Co-ordinator’s central roles are providing excellent service for homeowners, clients, guests, colleagues, housekeepers and suppliers. The Service Co-ordinator administrates the Devon Cottage Care property portfolio to high standards, to achieve the best possible customer feedback, homeowner retention, homeowner recommendations and profitability.
- Reports to: The Services Co-ordinator reports to Devon Cottage Care Manager or the Regional Manager in the absence of the Manager.
- Staff Responsibilities: No staff report to the Services Co-ordinator.
- Liaison and Main Contacts: S/he works mainly with guests, homeowners, colleagues in Devon Cottage Care, housekeepers, cleaners, colleagues in other Original Cottages brands in Devon and the Devon Cottage Care Manager.
- Special Features: The Services Co-ordinator is required to work full-time, 5 days a week between Monday and Saturday by agreement with their line manager. It is expected that the Services Co-ordinator takes his/her holidays outside the main school holiday periods. The Services Co-ordinator will provide on-call cover outside of normal office hours (including Sundays and Public Holidays) in rotation with other members of the team.
For more information and how to click here. The closing date is Monday 4th March 2019 but don’t delay as we encourage early applications. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Purchase Ledger Clerk - Original Cottages
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly growing business. This is an entry level position to support and provide resilience to the Purchase Ledger Team as well as the wider finance department. It is also to engage with and support the development of processes and procedures as we enable that growth.
This would suit someone with a positive attitude and a can-do approach who is willing to learn and looking to develop themselves as well as someone who has already started that journey, full training will be provided.
• Matching, checking, coding and processing invoices
• Calculating VAT on Invoices and receipts
• Making payments via BACS and cheques
• Processing staff expenses
• Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
• Reconciliation of supplier statements
• Maintaining accurate records and files, both in hard copy and electronically
• Managing Petty Cash and Credit Cards
• Data entry
• Data analysis as and when required
• Compiling accurate and timely monthly management accounts information.
• Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries
• Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers both internally and Externally
• Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
• Working with customers and suppliers both internally and externally to embed new processes or procedures.
• Contributing to the development and implementation of technological solutions to improve efficiency and/or capacity.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Any reasonable duties that the company may require from time to time.
For more information and how to click here. Please send a CV and covering letter (this is important to us) with a little bit about you and why the job appeals to you. This should be addressed to Amanda Pearce and sent to us using the contact details below.
The closing date is 12th April 2019 but don’t delay as we encourage early applications. We look forward to hearing from you soon.